Resolving Printing Scanning And Printer Issues Using HP Print & Scan Doctor(Windows)
Note: The HP Print and Scan Doctor free tool supported in Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, and XP that can download online. Confirm that your printer connected, turned on and listed in the start menu. If not listed, open HP Print and Scan Doctor and click My product not listed. Select your printer, click Retry and then Click Select your connection type, follow the instructions on the screen and then click Retry. Select either Fix Printing or Fix Scanning. Note: A white checkmark indicates that the printer passed the tests. A white wrench indicates that Print and Scan Doctor found an issue and repaired it. A yellow exclamation mark indicates that the test failed and that user action required but the step skipped. Follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue if a red X displayed. The HP Print and Scan Doctor can also use to test the status of the printer spooler, print queue, device manager, device conflicts, driver check, Windows (WIA) Scan, HP Twain Scan, and HP Scan.
Additional tools and features of HP Print and Scan Doctor:
- Click Printer and click Supply Levels or toner levels and cartridge details such as install dates, warranty dates, and serial numbers.
- Click printer Advanced Printer Data to view information such as your printer model and serial number, firmware and software versions, page count, warranty status, and printhead information, Click Services to print a Print quality diagnostics page, clean or align the printhead, and print a printer diagnostic page.
- Advanced Info to view the printer’s IP address, Mac address, signal strength, connection, network, and security types.
- On Printer click on Network to troubleshoot Firewall issues such as, not being able to print, the printer not being found on the network or the printer status displays as being disconnected or offline even though the printer connected to the network.
- Click Printer Web services and then click Print ePrint Instruction Page to view ePrint information.
- A Web Services information page prints which contain instructions on setting up your printer with HP Connected.
- Input your printer’s claim code and add your printer to the Devices tab in HP Connected.